Thursday, June 18, 2009

"The Wedding"... but not MY wedding...

As I know most of you know (because you came to it) my bestest single friend is no longer single! LAME! Okay, I guess it's okay because in reality I DO like having Adam as part of the family... but STILL! I'm back to being literally on my own... So, a little about the big day! Well, MY version of her big day...

We got up early and headed down town to the temple. And despite an April wedding day, (we thought that the tulips would be out and were hoping it wasn't raining...) and it WASN'T raining! It was SNOWING!!! Yep, snow in April... gotta love Ut. The temple ceremony was really nice and I throughly enjoyed the sealers comments... Personally, my favorite part of the ceremony was where he talked about the fact that if we had been endowed, and didn't have the chance to get married, we had essentially "made it"... So, maybe he didn't say that but that's what I heard. He gave the two of them some great advise on making their married strong through serving each other... which was awesome to think about... and then performed the ordinance. Something funny when I thought about it later, was that when they knelt down, I felt this tightening of my chest and I thought "this is it! you can't turn back!!!... are you SURE about this!" And then I realized, oh, WAIT it's not ME committing to this... it's someone else...WHEW! I'm okay! Guess perhaps I'm not ready for marriage after all!

After the ceremony we went out for family pictures... luckily the snow had stopped but it was really COLD. They turned out pretty good considering that we were all wearing coats and shivering with red noses and pink cheeks!







After all that fun, I headed home and finished up all the flowers. I spent the rest of the day finishing things up after spending the night before getting them started. They all turned out even prettier than I had hoped, due to the HIGH quality of flowers that I got in from my wholesalers... It was LOTS of work but it was all worth it! I just hope someone in the family will return the favor when it's my turn... HINT, HINT!











The reception part was FUN, and there were plenty of people to visit. Things got pretty crowded (despite the nasty snowy, windy weather!) and warm in there but it was awesome to see people from my past. I was glad after all was said and done to be able to GO TO BED! after a long, but memorable day!

6 comments:

Pacers said...

It looks like it was beautiful! And of course the flowers are amazing. :) Congratulations to Paige! Is school out? What are your fun plans for the summer?

Ashley said...

I love that picture of the three of us! I'm going to try and copy it off her, but if that doesn't work I want a copy! The flowers are beautiful as well; thanks for teaching me a little floral design 101 during the wedding!

Kristi said...

You did a great job on the flowers. The wedding looks beautiful.

Steve and Jamie said...

I miss you, sister! When are you coming to visit?

Kris said...

The most beautiful wedding.... thanks to all your hard work. You truly outdid yourself!!! You are the BEST!!!!

Paige and Adam said...

I'm a little behind on the blogging. Thanks for all your hard work on the wedding. It was PERFECT! Actually more beautiful than I had planned. I'm lucky to be hooked up with such an amazing florist and I'm lucky to have a sister that would do anything for her impatient selfish sister. I love you loads! Thanks again.