Monday, September 14, 2009

A House and Hard things...

A House:
Okay, so it's been a while since I've posted, but I promised my sis (these are for YOU Jamie) some pictures of my house. They painted the inside this week and I think I like it... I'm hoping that it's not too DARK! I got extra lights to try and keep it "light" but then the paint is a little darker than I "wanted" but then I didn't want it much lighter... so I guess I'm going to be living with it, so I should just "love it!"

My room... It's AMAZINGLY HUGE!


The view to the front door...


What will be the kitchen...


The front of the house (and the neighbors :)


The living room...


Hard things:
The past two weeks of my life have been FULL of not bad things, but hard things. I have had lots of things going on lately that require a lot of time, a lot of energy, and are just plain stretching me in so many ways. When I found out about some car problems on Saturday (the 2nd car problem for the week... another $200 down the tubes...) I just thought, "really. REALLY! Does it have to come ALL at once?" And then I decided that it is all about attitude, so I should just be okay with things and the Lord will help me through whatever He sends my way. That didn't mean I wasn't still kinda bummed by the bumps in the road, but that I need to not let them hold me back. I decided the next morning to make the best of things and woke up ready to enjoy an awesome Sunday. After 3 hours of awesome meetings I felt rejuvenated and decided to set new goals to help me have a "fresh start" on life! It's always nice to "start fresh" mentally.
Then, yesterday at the gym, I was thinking about some experiences that have been particularly frustrating to me and this thought came to me... At the time I was on the elliptical (at the gym) and the resistance seemed to be more difficult to push against than normal. The thought came to me, I should put it back down since it "feels" so hard to go at this level. Then, I thought, but if it's harder, then it will help me build stronger muscles. Then the light came on... the Lord sometimes gives us things that "feel" so hard! but if we will just take them on, they will help us build stronger spiritual muscles... I know this is kinda a "dumb" metaphor, but to me it just made sense and helped me want to push through these not so fun experiences. Nothings bad or terribly hard, its just a lot at one time! I know I'll be fine and the extra "resistance" will only help me be spiritually fit! No matter how "hard" it is, it will only build strength and benefit me later on! I can be strong... I can do ANYTHING with the help of the Lord, so "bring it on, baby!!!"

6 comments:

Paige and Adam said...

Thanks for your metaphor. I felt that warm burning in my heart when I read your simple testimony. Keep building your spiritual muscles! I'll help push from behind. Love you!

Tricia said...

...I hate being pushed... that's what got us into fights when we were little - will you ever LEARN! Seriously.

Just kidding. Thanks sis... I'm always trying to build my muscles to be as big as your muscles... You're a super example!

Haley said...

Awesome post!! Something I needed to hear! (And, BTW, you sisters are soo cute!)

Liz said...

I feel like I just read my own journal (if I kept one). After spending $600 on my car and more $ on medical tests, I found out I have to have surgery. The next day, my windshield cracked! And I thought the exact thing: WHY does everything have to happen at once???

Thanks for your words of wisdom, I guess all we can really do is keep pushing and know that we are getting stronger!

Colleen said...

Tricia! I love your blog! You and your sister are awesome! Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite to my blog! colleenvt@hotmail.com

Ashley said...

Thanks, Tricia! I loved the pictures of your new place and your encouraging words... even though you weren't really talking to ME in particular. ;) I love you!