Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Gratitude...


Well, I've been HORRIBLE about writing down the things I'm grateful for, and even WORSE about taking any pictures of those things... but I have to post about the most recent huge blessing in my life...

This last week was fast Sunday for most people (who are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints), however because of the great changes in the world of singledom my ward had "stake conference". HOWEVER, my family was fasting for my two sisters, who have some major changes to take place in their lives... So, as a family, we all fasted. I don't know why, but as we fasted this time, I had great faith that all would work out the way the Lord would want, and that those things that would bless my family would follow in due time...

On Monday, I got an email from my older sister Jamie, which informed me (and the rest of the family), that they had a showing for their house scheduled for this week... though I don't know that this was the family to purchase their house, so they can move this summer, I belive it was the Lord saying I am listening, and I will take care of your family. Along with this, my other sister Paige, has set up 3 interviews for jobs down in Alpine School District, so that (when that time comes) she'll be able to work close to home, and be a Mommy. Up to this point, Paige had called and emailed principals, but had not even had a return phone call on any of her applications. Jamie and Steve also have had few showings with their home, and have been worried that nobody has really even looked at it.

I don't know WHY, or what is to come, but lately I have felt so very blessed in my life. I don't know if my attitude has changed, or if the Lord is blessing me for reasons that I don't understand, but life has been full of unexpected blessings. Weekly I'm blessed with time to complete homework, help at school, unexpected financial blessings, professors willing to add me to classes, health, and more. It's been amazing...

Now that doesn't mean that there are not "hard" things, (I've never been more stressed out!) but along with the struggles, and stress, have come great blessings, where I know that the Lord is aware of me, and is blessing me to be able to cope, and have good things in life.

I'm SO grateful...


1 comment:

Kama said...

My favorite cuz,
I want you to know that I am GRATEFUL for YOU! You inspire me to be a better person and to have the faith that I need to get through anything! Reading your blog made me cry a little. We were fasting for Jamie and Paige too and I am so happy to hear that things are looking up for both of them! We love you and everyone in your family so much and always want to be there for you! I hope we can squeeze in a GNO sometime soon!
Love ya, Kama