Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lookin'up

Over the past few months I know I haven't been very "enthusiastic" in my blog entries. BUT, this week I had a "glimmer of hope" come through when I was at the conference center. I didn't have any exciting tours, or anything like that, but I think I was finally able to 'find myself', as I lost myself in service. I serve with some of the coolest people there and I LOVE that I have like 5-10 extra sets of parents/grandparents who LOVE me and area always telling me how "great" I am. It's so nice to know that someone things you're okay every now and then... Anyways, it was the beginnings of me being able to finally let go of some thoughts that have been bothering me, and to share my life with someone else.
(This is a picture of us in the break room... it's where the food is, and therefore where the half the people on our shift are too:) )
Then, this weekend, Paige invited me to to attend some social events with her - they didn't sound super exciting at first, but to my surprise they turned out to be quite fun... I learned how to play poker (I don't know if I am very good at poker, because I laugh too much and am not a very good lier... people can see right through me! It's depressing) but I almost won a game of pool... it that stupid white ball wouldn't have gone in the pocket... stupid pocket!

In other exciting news, Paige and I (I know it's like we are a married couple... always together!) attended a Riverdance concert at Kingsbury Hall a few weeks ago. It was really really COOL. I didn't know the company was so varied in their talents. There were tons of different styles of dance, and singing, and instrumental playing... I thought it would all be the same style of dancing but they had singers, dancers, etc. We really enjoyed it... shows in our faces, doesn't it! I recommend that you all catch a show if they are ever in your area... its worth the bucks!


(OH, and thanks to those of you who have been leaving your comments... For those of you who are unaware of how to do this, I will be posting an online "comment tutorial" later this week... I will take most of the tutorial material from my sisters blog. It was very effective in helping her friends and family leave their feedback for her, so I am hoping the same will occur for my friends... we have the same family, so if they didn't get it the first time, there's just no hope for them... its rather tragic!) :)

2 comments:

Steve and Jamie said...

Um. I'm pretty sure no one from OUR family comments regularly on my blog--including you.

I'm glad things are looking up. You and Paige make the cutest couple ever. He, he.

Kris said...

I would love to leave a comment but it takes me twenty minutes to remember my name and password!! Getting old is the pitts!
It is nice to see that smile on your face and that twinkle in your eye. Heaven forbid....that means you are back to your old mischief again!