Thursday, November 27, 2008

Halloween & Another Visit!

At the end of October my favorite older sister and my favorite nieces came to see us again! Steve was in Florida at some kind of doctor convention or whatever - so the girls, not wanted to stay at home alone decided to come trick or treating in Utah!

They came to see us right before Halloween so we were able to enjoy the opportunity to dress these lovely toddlers up as "princess ballet dancers" and I even brought them to school for a little bit of fun! (okay maybe the fun was for me and not the kids...) I invited Jamie to bring the girls up for a little Halloween "craft" project and treats. Then the next day they came for my school costume parade (which literally goes down main street in Sandy... but only about a block). I dressed up as a "mad scientist" and marched with a little lady at my right - whom everyone thought was "so CUTE!". I know that I enjoyed it, but I think the girls really liked the trick or treating the next night. On Halloween my parents and sister took the girls trick or treating, while I got things ready for a wedding order that I had to get done. Yes, I spent the evening working - the joys of having a small business! But it turned out to be quite beautiful in my opinion - too bad I don't have a good camera to show what things REALLY look like in person - but soon I'll have a website to see what the photographer can do... (I'm trying to collect professional photo's from friends weddings that I have done in the past... it's a long process)




The Saturday before they had to go home, we decided to head up the canyon for a little picnic lunch and short walk. It was actually quite enjoyable and as usual, brought out the strangeness in all of us - see below... and don't judge me - I'm around kids all day 5 days a week and my best friend acts like he's a kid... and sometimes I get sucked into it too... I know Adam, "I have a lot of growing up to do" - but enjoy anyway!




2 comments:

Steve and Jamie said...

Ah, peas up the nose. Good times.

I don't have any pictures of the kids from Halloween. I know, I'm an idiot. Could you and Paige email me whatever pictures you have?

Thanks!

Tricia said...

yes, I don't have many either... one of the parents in my class said she'd get me some copies, so I'll try to bug her this week, cuz I know she took a few of Allie...