Thursday, November 27, 2008

New Calling...

Jared... this post is for you to have something to read while at work... I'll try to post more soon...

So, my sister and I moved from our place in Murray to a new joint in Sandy last summer... in July we attended a singles ward, which as they usually are, was "interesting". We attended the student ward for our area a few weeks too and then were out of town for a few weeks on our "trip". We came back and somehow ended up back at "interesting" singles ward. So at about the end of August/ beginning of September we found our way to where we are "supposed" to be I guess.

Well, basically I didn't have a calling from about July until about October - yes not even visiting teaching... So, we got into this ward, and they told me and my sister that they would get us callings soon. I was told that I would be put on a committee... And then after a few months (the end of October) I was called to serve in the Relief Society Presidency. It's funny how we end up in the right place at the right time. I don't know more than a handful of the sisters in my ward, and I don't always understand the in's and out's of this funny little ward, but I am learning to love and see people as the Lord sees them. Its been a great learning experience for me already!

Just thought I'd share a little of what is taking up so much of my time! I love that I can learn from serving others and can really see the work of the Lord in my life and in the life of others as I do so!

3 comments:

Emily Hurtado said...

Thanks Tricia!- Jared H

Ashley said...

Hey! Congrats on the new calling! :) I bet you're great!

Hope you have a fantastic Christmas!!! Tell the fam hi!

Melissa and Rob Shelton said...

I know you are going to do awesome in your calling! Gald to see that you and Paige are still well. Well have to catch up some time! - Rob