Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thanksgiving with the Fam'

So I am more than a little behind on life, but thought I'd do my best to get a few entries in, since its a new year, and that means I should be trying harder... right? Well, whatever, here's my best efforts :)

This year, as has been the trend over the past few years, it was just my parents, grandparents, and my two single siblings. We all gathered at my parents house in American Fork for a little turkey, stuffing, and the works. We ate, chatted, got sick, "rested" from the hard work of eating, and then had Pie to top everything off. As always, I made the pies (You can have store bought pies... I mean really!!!) and Paige made the Rolls, while my Mom pretty much did almost everything else. We tried to help where possible, but I admit, I'm probably not the best of helpers in the world... especially on Thanksgiving morning... I tend to spend that morning at the gym, so I don't have to worry TOO much about what I eat that day.

Anyways, it was a really nice meal, and I throughly enjoyed having the day off from work, so as to enjoy and be thankful for the many blessings that i have been given in my life - one of them being that I have a profession which gives me holidays off, so I can always spend them with my family, even if we are "small" in numbers. Really, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I might be one of the most blessed people you've ever met - Yes, Really!



Pie anyone? Yes, it's actually quite fabulous!




Yes, these are the "6-packs" we got from going to the gym that morning... or maybe just the fat roles that came after we ate... ;)



The "usual" Paige and Tricia pose...

2 comments:

Steve and Jamie said...

I'm pretty sure my "sixpack" is made of rolls too. Soft doughy rolls. . .

Ashley said...

Trisha, thanks for the updates! :) I love the six packs (I'm pretty sure that's what they are... I don't know many people that will get up and workout Thanksgiving morning)!

So, when are we going to play!? What are your plans for the summer!?