Sunday, January 30, 2011

A New Year

Well, as always, I'm a little late in getting my goals and life in order for the new year. I always have good intentions, and spend time thinking about what I want to do for the new year, but it isn't until the end of January that I actually take time to write them down (and well, let's be honest in saying that it's not unheard of to be doing this in March - yeah, I'm slow) I'm starting to wonder if this is why I often don't actually accomplish many of my goals...

This year, I've decided that I'm going to make some "GOALS" to work on, and then have another "30's" list - which will really be a list of things that I'd like to DO this year. Again, I'd like to open up the comments section to thing that you have done, or would like to do in this upcoming year so that I can get a good list going! I like a "list" because, well I'm a "list person", but also, I feel like by having them all written down, I actually remember that I want to do them - so send some ideas my way!

One of the things I'm trying to do - and I've been pretty awful at it so far - is to have a "picture" journal for the year of 2011 - (my super cool roommates idea). In 2010 she took a picture of herself EVERY DAY, and then wrote a little blurb about it as a "journaling" idea or whatever it was for - now she's using some picture program to put the pictures and her "blurbs" into a book that she'll print. Cool, huh!

Well, this year we're both (yeah, she's actually doing it, and I'm spotty at it) keeping a "gratitude" journal (and I'm doing a service journal) and are taking a picture of something that we're grateful for each day. Cool journaling idea - too bad I'm okay at the gratitude thing, but stink at remembering to take a picture! SOOOOOO, the plan is to (from here on out) do the writing and load the pictures onto my computer, so I can share them with all my readers (yeah, thanks for reading Mom!). I think it will be a good experience for me if I can actually get my buns in gear! So, wish me luck! Some "gratitude pictures" to follow soon... as well as a goal list, and a "to do in my 30's list" too! I'm going to be busy! :)

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Love it! You're going to have a super cool book by the end of the year! We've taken some stellar ones already!

Bev said...

you are still amazing!