Sunday, February 27, 2011

more Gratitude/Service ...

So... no surprise, but I've been busy and didn't blog last Sunday... and I'm not so sure that I did a great job writing down my "Grateful Service" for the past two weeks, but here's what's been going on...

Feb 27, 2011
Grateful for...
1. The spirit. I sure do miss it when I'm not listening for it! It testifies of all things that are TRUE and is a Valuable part of my life.
2. Chances that help me learn humility. I seem to have had a few weeks of opportunities to learn humility. Though I don't love eating humble pie, it is good for me and helps me to grow - and I'm grateful for those opportunities to GROW.
3. Olivia making dinner and inviting good friends over to share it with us! Love good friends!
4. That I found carrots growing in my "backyard" garden from last year! Those seeds just started growing I guess. :) What a fun surprise!
5. That today I'll finish the Book of Mormon once again. Can say enough how grateful I am for this beautiful gift! What a lucky person I am to have the word of God so readily available to me whenever I'd choose to partake of it. I feel SO BLESSED!

Service:
1. "ushered" at stake conference.
2. Saved seats and gave a seat to friends at stake conference, so they could sit in the "soft seats"
3. Did a "puppy" drive by again today for my friend who's lost her dogs.

Feb 26, 2011
Grateful for...
1. Watching people do things they didn't think they could! We have to potential to do MUCH MORE than we think we can - it's pretty darn amazing when we realize we CAN DO just about ANYTHING!
2. Playing Soccer (even though I feel like I got beat up by this SUPER out of control team) I sure do enjoy it 99% of the time!
3. Stake Conference - having the spirit remind me that just because I'm not where I'd LIKE to be, it doesn't mean that I can't GET to where I'd like to be with the power of the atonement.
4. Being able to serve.
5. Order in all things. Sometimes life get's so busy, and crazy, and I get so caught up in it all that I forget that there's an "order" for all things. And if I will take a step back, and let things have "order" and create "order" in all things - then miracles will happen, and I'll see the bigger picture in what my life SHOULD be - EVEN when it's super crazy.

Service:
1. Helped a friend watch for her missing dogs.
2. Invited 2 gals to Stake Conference, who didn't know that it was happening.
3. Bought dinner for a friend.

Feb 25, 2011
Grateful for...
1. The opportunity to have a student teacher - I've gotten SO MUCH DONE!!! Every teacher should get one for a few weeks each year. It's been SUCH A GREAT, GREAT blessing in my life - and I'm grateful that the Lord knew I'd need her! (Don't know how I'm going to stay sane without her help!!! I believe in miracles - guess I better start praying for some!)
2. Seeing people make progress in their lives.
3. Good people who teach gospel principles in their lives, but just LIVING their lives and baring testimony of what they believe in their actions/general conversations - Had a temple worker remind me that I have the rite to receive revelation ALL the TIME today - it was a GREAT lesson for me to be reminded of...)
4. That the temple is open at 6am, so I can go before work and still have time to stay after work to get things done!
5. Seeing my friends have a good time in my home.

Service:
1. Temple service
2. Made cookies for Olivia 'cause she wanted some. (maybe not so great for ME though - I ate too many of them!)

(missed more days... not doing so great!)

Feb 21, 2011
Grateful for...
1. Sleeping in - needed it!
2. Getting things done! Marked off almost the WHOLE list!
3. Spending the day with FRIENDS!
4. Finishing my shredding (took me a week or two - it was built up!)
5. Had another Flower Order come in! Great!

Service:
1. Helped organize a night out with some gals in the ward that I'm just getting to know...
2. Helped clean our house! (that's service, right? or is it just selfish...)

(missed a few days - yeah, I know... I'm working on it!)

Feb 17, 2011
Grateful for...
1. To have the experience to be a mentor, both with my student teacher Cynthia Lloyd, and with the other teachers at my school. Has been a GREAT learning experience.
2. I got to sleep in (do you see a pattern?) because I had a meeting at Westminster this morning.
3. Found a cheap paper shredder! Yeah for saving $ (I could use more of it ya know!)
4. Made it to the gym AND the temple today!
5. Organization - it makes my life so much better!

Service
1. Temple attendance with the stake.


(missed a few days! OOPS!)

(has nothing to do with my post - but was our valentines day card to our friends - my roommates rock!)
Feb 14, 2011 (Day of LOVE!)
Grateful for...
1. The Scriptures - they sure make me feel great!
2. Learning from people who came before me. It's great when someone else can teach me what I need to know without me making the mistakes and learning purely on my own.
3. SLEEPING IN! I got "furlough-ed" today and was able to sleep in and take care of my business responsibilities (Trish Flowers). Sure was AWESOME!
4. Seeing old friends! - Got to see Liz and deliver her flowers...
5. Good times with two of my favorite people in the world - Olivia and P-dawg. Thanks for coming to FHE friends. :)

Service:
1. Ran errands for people
2. Took a card to my Grandparents
3. Supported my friend at our FHE activity tonight!


(this is us delivering our valentine - notice that you can't see the card - but you CAN see the "no soliciting sign in the background... nice)
Feb. 13, 2011
Grateful For...
1. The sacrament - I love being able to take it each Sunday and remember WHY I come to church.
2. Being able to have a change of attitude.
3. Having self control - Sometimes I don't know that I have any - but I always feel good about life when I DO!
4. My awesome family!
5. Olivia and I did some "valentine" deliveries, that were pretty awesome... even knocked on the door and hid!
6. Borrowed milk from my parents neighbors house. It was pretty awesome calling the McDaniel's and asking to borrow a cup of milk - reminded me of when I was a kid and would do that so we could make cookies with the family on a Sunday evening... good memories!

Service:
1. Made cookies to share with friends for Valentines day.
2. Sat by a new gal at church, so she wasn't all alone.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

You're so great!! I'm the lucky one and am thankful we're friends. I need that picture of our Valentine's delivery. CLASSIC! Also, I've got a bunch I need to send to you!

Haley said...

Love the valentine pic! Thanks for reminding me of some of things I forget to be thankful for!

Kris said...

As always, you make me want to be better! Love you...hope you survive parent teacher conferences!