Monday, February 28, 2011

The Gospel ROCKS! (and so do clean socks...)

Monday, February 28, 2011


I'm Grateful for... Today I'm grateful for a few serious things, and a few "silly" things.

1. Today I got home from the grocery store at 8:30 and was feeling rather down. I opened up my email to find a link my Mom sent me with a UTube video of a temple celebration in the Ukraine. It was the BEST reminder I could have received of what this life is all about. The Lord knows who we ALL ARE as individuals. He is spreading the gospel to as many as will receive it world wide, and those who prepare themselves are able to take upon themselves sacred covenants, that will bless their lives for eternity. How inspiring it is, to KNOW that I'm a daughter of a God who has given his listening children SO MUCH joy in this life. Amazing!
2. Clean laundry. Olivia folded my laundry (hence the clean socks... yeah, cheezy, but I AM my mother's daughter) today and left it for me to find on top of the dryer. What a GREAT act of service my friend! Thanks!
3. The ability to think clearly. Sometimes I come home from work and my mind WON'T WORK... this is a problem, when I have HOURS of homework to do. Tonight, I got home, and after some inspirational reminders, I had a clear mind and was able to accomplish MUCH.
4. Showers. I don't wake up so well without them... I'm so glad that I have this morning "jolt" to help me get started with my day! (Plus, I'd stink without them - so you all should be grateful for them too!)
5. Weight Watchers. Yes, I'm a lifetime member of WW, and I'm grateful for the things it's taught me about being healthy, and living healthy, so I FEEL good. Yep, I'm making better habits. (And NO, they didn't pay me to say that... but maybe they SHOULD!)

Service:
1. Spent time helping a fellow co-worker who is not doing as well as she'd like!
2. Helped my sis with her homework (well kinda... bit of a stretch, but I tried) :)
3. Shared some recipes with Brett & Kerri. :)

No comments: