Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bucket List - Winter Style


I realize that nobody's reading this because, well, I didn't blog for like 900 years. However, I'm going to post none-the-less. This past week hasn't been all that exciting but there are two things I'm going to post about.

First - Kerri and Olivia and I have created Bucket List - Winter (Jan to end of March). On this list are a variety of exciting possibilities that we (either individually or collectively) will hope to accomplish in the near future (by April General Conference weekend). Can't wait to see what we'll get done this time!

Winter Bucket List...



Second - Near Christmas time, Paige and Adam had us over for an FHE. We each chose to give a "gift to the Savior" that we'll look at next Christmas. My "gift" was was to spend at least 15 -30 min each day reading from the scriptures. So far I have worked really hard to make sure that I do this daily, and I have REALLY loved it. This week as I have read, I have thought about my testimony. I've been reading about Ammon's mission to the Lamanites and King Lamoni's conversion. It's really made me think about my desire to gain a testimony. Why am I not more like him? He was so willing to give away all he had to come to know the Savior. I also read today about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's who literally gave their lives, because they didn't want to sin and risk loosing eternal salvation.

I love how reading from the Book of Mormon helps me to desire to be more like those righteous examples who have such solid testimonies and relationships of/with the Savior. So grateful that Heavenly Father knows us so well, and that he gave me the amazing gift of scriptures.

No comments: