Thursday, November 15, 2007

40 Days of Change

Tomorrow, November 16th, marks exactly 40 days until Christmas Day. It also marks the beginning of a "challenge" that Paige and I have decided to call the 40 Days of Change. Now I don't take any credit for the idea, but Paige is a little shy about sharing, and as we all know, I am rarely shy of sharing my feelings about anything:). SO, I invite you to join in on what I hope will literally be a life changing experience.

What is the "40 days of Change?" Well, for everyone it is going to be a little different, but the whole idea is to find something in your life that you'd like to change, and for the next forty days, do whatever it is you need to do to accomplish just that. It can be a physical, "secular", or spiritual change that you would like to make in your life. It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it makes you more of who you want to become. So, I invite you to sit down and come up with a list of 1 - 3 things that you'd like to really focus on over the next 40 days and then watch what happens.

To help you with "ideas" I am going to try to be "open" and share what I am planning on attempting! I would love to see your ideas too!!!
My Goals: (Now that they are out there, I have to really do this!)
1. To do what I need to do to FEEL the love of the Lord in my life DAILY!
2. Watch for and write down how I have seen the hand of God bless me and those around me on a daily/weekly basis (like in Elder Eyring's Conference Talk!)
3. Work each day to have an "open heart" that I can give to the Lord.

Then you need to find a way to chart your progress - it could be a journal entry, visit with a friend, or if you'd like to be as festive as Paige and I are planning to be, it can be a chain of sorts. I am going to choose to make mine a "counting up" chain (becuase for one of my goals I am going to try to write down how things went that day on a slip of paper and then use it to make a chain) but a count down chain would be good too! You decide what works best for you and go with it.

I hope that if you DO decide to join in on the fun, you'll find some way to share in your experiences. I will be trying to "blog" some of my experiences and invite any and all to "comment" on how they are doing themselves. I think that participating in this "challenge" will be a a great way for me to prepare for the upcoming holiday season and am excited to see a "new ME!" in the process!

I look forward to seeing us become the best we can be!

4 comments:

dantheman said...

cool idea. Those are good goals too. Can't go wrong.

Kris said...

I love Elder Eyring talk, too. I used it for my VT message this month!! Count me on board for the next 40 days....I set 4 goals! Thanks for inspiring me to do better (as always).

Steve and Jamie said...

I've just got one goal. Do not kill the kids before Christmas. It will be a stretch.

Marnie said...

I like Jamie's goal. :) No, seriously thanks for the inspiration Trish! What a good way to celebrate the holiday season! I'm working on some goals.