Monday, November 26, 2007

Trip to AZ...



I realized the other day that I never posted any pictures from my trip to Mesa, AZ. It was a very short trip and I about missed my flight home (literally... I was running through the airport terminal... and yes, when I got there the doors were shut and I couldn't see the plane through the windows and I almost started crying right then and there because there wasn't another flight out until the next day and I HAD to get back for work! Then the airline attendant asked if he could help me and I told him that I was supposed to be on the flight... luckily for me got on the radio and told them to not leave and then he opened the door and let me down the walk way! I have never been so happy to board a plane! It was not the best night of my life... but somehow the Lord answered my prayers! Or maybe it was the attendants prayers... I don't think he would have liked it if I had cried...)

Anyway, I had a few good days of rest and some awesome long runs! as well as a fantastic nap by the pool one afternoon (it was around 85-90 degree's!) and one night I went to a Halloween party with Sarah's roommates. It was a much needed break and helped open my eyes to the vast possibilities of places I could move... Yes, I think that I would like to live somewhere else for a bit, but I don't know when or where I will make that move yet... but this trip helped me to feel more confident about the idea! (I'm open for suggestions...)



The day I was going to leave, Sarah and I drove over to Phoenix to shop and visit and then we headed to the Mesa Temple for a session. I thought the set up of the temple reminded me of the St. George temple but there is one part of the inside of the temple where you walk down these stairs and the walls look like a castle (which is unlike the St. George Temple)- Sarah said it reminds her of "Hogwarts"... I think I agree (Can you say that about a temple?)... maybe we were both on crack!

3 comments:

Marnie said...

Fun pictures! Looks like a great trip. I wish I could've been with you guys! So fun to see you and Sarah together. AZ is a GREAT place to live. I highly recommend it. :)

Marnie said...

P.S. I would LOVE it if you and Sarah came to visit! You're totally invited any time.

Steve and Jamie said...

You know, Cincinnati is a GREAT place to live. And you know some really fun people who live there.