Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Moab Half "Dead-a-thon"




So, almost three weekends ago I participated in what was affectionately named, the Moab Half Deadathon... or in other words, the Moab half marathon. It was a delightful experience for myself, but my good friend Adrienne didn't think it was so great... maybe next time she'll run more than six miles before the day of the race.

All of the races I have run before this race started at 7:00 or earlier, so it was rather surprising to find out this one started at 10:00. I am not complaining, since that meant I could sleep in until almost 7:00 and still have plenty of time for breakfast! Which by the way, I ate too early. Over the past few years I have developed this metabolism that means I am hungry every few hours - usually. Sometimes its more frequent, and sometimes I hardly eat anything at all and I'm fine. It's rather unpredictable... like the rest of my life... but that's a whole other story! ANYWAY... so since I ate early, I was hungry before the race even began. BUT there was this life saving "GU" pack somewhere in the middle that helped me get through to the end. One of the cool thing about big races is that there's free "snacks" when you are all done running your guts out. So, I ate like 5 pieces of bread when I got done - it was awesome!

The race itself was pretty awesome. It started out being FREEZING... so it's a good thing it didn't start till 10! I almost didn't take off my top layer... but within 20 min. I was warm enough to make it the rest of the way down. It is a beautiful canyon and a nice corse, with a little up and a little down.

The trip was pretty much awesome, with some highlights at the amazing diner, the photo shoot at the yellow hummer, and then the modeling session in the hotel room... gotta love a weekend with the girls! And I surely did. The race was pretty cool too! - (I'll try to post pictures when my camera comes back from vacation in Cinnci.)

2 comments:

Nichole Bruce said...

I have to give you props for even running a mile let alone a marathon!! Maybe if I was as tough as you or your sister I could... but probably not. Sounds like you had fun. Go Tricia!

Marnie said...

Way to go Tricia! You da woman!