Saturday, March 29, 2008

An Invitation



Over the past 2 years and 10 months, I have been serving a service mission for the church. I work under the hosting department at the church and have given tours of the conference center to people from around the world. This last week I took a family from Switzerland through the building and was able to tell them a little about the church... it was pretty awesome.

My "time" as a hostess is coming to a close in just two months and I was thinking that it's about time I put out an "invitation" to my friends & family to come have a personalized tour of one of the worlds more amazing buildings. I never thought someone could enjoy a building so much, but I really have a LOVE for this building, and would be happy to show it to anyone who is interested. I can't take you behind the "scenes" because they are off limits, but I can tell about the building and show you a little of the art in it... and if the weather warms up there's an awesome roof top garden.

I don't want anyone to feel like they need to come down unless you want to, but I invite you to drop in if you'd like to. I should be there every Thursday until the end of May, and you are welcome to let me know your coming, but If you find yourself downtown on a Thursday night, feel free to drop in at door 15 and at least say hello.



(Thanks for coming Family :) )

3 comments:

Kris said...

We're coming....do we need to let you know ahead of time?

Marnie said...

I've taken a tour there a couple of times, and I'd have to agree: it's amazing! Well worth the time. Wow Tricia, I cant' believe you've been doing that for 3 years! what a great experience.

Kris said...

I'm back!!! Thanks for the tour at the conference center. It was great sharing your last night as a hostess. Grandma E. was so excited at FHE with the Aunts and Uncles when she told them all about sitting on the organ bench and touching the organ. She loved it!