Friday, June 11, 2010

30 till/past 30 LIST! OH YEAH!

Okay - well since Jared is the only one who's "commenting" (except my mom who called me with a suggestion that is now #3), ... this may just be a list for my own personal reference - which is fine - cause I needed to write it down somewhere! More ideas of things to do/accomplish/learn to come...

Current List... (It's not going to be 30 things - but a list of things and I'll do at least 30 before I turn 30 - and then 30 MORE things after I turn 30 :) - just to ya know how it's gonna work)

1. Learn to play the organ
2. Learn how to golf (anyone want to go to the driving range?)
3. Build a piece of furniture!
4. Create a budget and actually keep to it :)
5. Run in 6 races
6. Do at least 1 hour of service Every Week
7. Make 2 new friends every month (June = Sally from Springfield, MA + ?)
8. Read 6 books
9. Create a piece of "art" that is displayed in my home (drawing, painting, photograph, sewing project, etc.)
10. Overcome a weakness... (tardiness, journal writing, etc...)
11. Hike Mt. Timp - (thanks Jared)
12. See Wicked - (this one's for you Olivia... I'm going to make up for my dumb mistake if it kills me or costs me $500!) :)
13. Find a way to organize my business - particularly my business finances.
14. Get a big girl bed :) - this is for AFTER I turn 30 :)
15. Teach Allie to be the best soccer player in all of Ohio ;)

etc...

Any other suggestions people?

11 comments:

Kris said...

Another suggestion....teach allison and lindsay (if she's ready) basic reading skills....mostly allison!!! Watch out Ohio when that girl learns how to read!

Nichole Bruce said...

Ok, i have an idea to check off #3 and #14. check out this... http://www.knock-offwood.com/2009/10/farmhouse-bed-save-158100_7467.html

she has other awesome furniture you can build if that doesn't suit your fancy.
you're ambitious!!

Becky said...

Tricia,

Ok so I read your blog sometimes so I'll finally leave a comment. You could try some kind of new food or a certain number of new foods. Or try learning how to cook a certain type, , like chinese, thai, hawaiin, indian, etc...
-Becky (Pack) Worthington

Haley said...

How about a triathlon? You've already got the running part down, the biking takes almost no talent (which is why it's my favorite part) and you could find a short distance maybe indoor swim? Also, I've heard that they're way easier than a half marathon.

Haley said...

I just looked at Nichole's link and I LOVE it. You know, if you're into the mutli-tasking thing, you could do #6 & #3 at the same time and make the bed for me?? . . .Ya, didn't think so. :)

Just thought of another one? What about reading all of the standard works all the way through again? (Or for the first time. This time I am going to FINISH the OT.)

Tricia said...

Thanks for the suggestions :)
Mom- I'll talk to Jamie about having "school" for a half hour every day, when I go to visit! That would be fun :) - well maybe it would be fun - don't know who'll cry first ...

Nichole, the bed would be cool! Looks kinda like a big project - but it WOULD hit two of the list!

Becky - so fun to know that you're reading! Do you have a blog? If so, I'd love to peek in on your family! I'm not much of a cook - so learning to cook something might be a good plan for me...

Haley - um, I love the "Tri" idea, but I don't know how to swim, sister - well I know, but you wouldn't know it by watching me in a pool... I'll think about it though... and I thought about doing the standard works one, but thought it sounded pretty hard and chickened out :0) Perhaps I'll attempt it - will add it to the list at least... :)

Steve and Jamie said...

If you are going to build other people furniture, I have a few suggestions off that website. And I think mom had a coffee table picked out from there.

I'd love the reading thing and soccer thing while you are here. I can think of a bunch of things to do when you visit.


What about, go camping with the WHOLE family.

Liz said...

I think this is a great idea! I was going to suggest some sort of travel (I have a one-track mind these days) even if it's something simple like a road trip to a totally random town. Or how about go kayaking on the great salt lake? I did that last summer and it was beautiful and so much fun. Good luck! :)

Bev said...

Visit your cousin Tyler and family in Brazil!! What a trip!

Olivia said...

Love the list!! I'll put Wicked on my list as well so that we can mark that off together. So much fun!! I'm going to leave the country for the first time. You could come along on that adventure with me!

Sandy said...

If you need a partner to go see Wicked with you I will be there ;)