Sunday, March 6, 2011

World Troubles


Wednesday March 2, 2011

I'm Grateful For...
1. Today in my night class, we were discussing the issues that are going on in Libya. We also discussed the Rawanda genocide as well as issues of Viet Nam. The point of the discussion was to reflect on the issues that arise when people from these countries come to our schools, and what I can do as an educator to teach them English and help them learn. The thought that came to me tonight, is that I'm grateful that I've not had to live through such great tragedy and that I'm not living in a country that would allow (at least I don't think we would) such crazy wars go on between to peoples, just because we don't like each other - due to history and genealogy. What a blessing it is to be here on "free soil".

2. I'm grateful for Fiber 1 bars (the 90 calorie ones). Such a great treat.

3. The 30 min I get at the gym on Wednesday's before class.

4. A professor who helps me make my OWN decisions as to what I'd like to learn in his class, instead of forcing HIS ideas on me. Love when you present the material, and then let me think for myself!

5. Coming home from a long day of work, the gym, and class, and knowing that tomorrow is a SHORT DAY at work! :)

No comments: