Sunday, June 1, 2008

Biggest Loser

So, my school has been doing a "Biggest Loser" contest to promote healthy living. I got the idea from my parents because my Dad's school was doing it. It works like so - every day you take a tally of how many points you've earned for the day. You get points for NOT eating any dessert sugars, exercising, and doing other "healthy" things. Everyone is working on their own, and also on a "team". Team points are averaged out and the team with the most wins! It's been a lot of fun and up until about 2-3 weeks ago, really motivated me to go to the gym more often and really just work out more and eat NO SUGAR. Yes, over the past 10 weeks I have only had a "sugar" dessert on 3 different days! Um, yeah it was hard, but it's been good for me! Helps me remember that I DO have some self control.

Since I have been "in charge" of the whole thing I have been adding a few elements of "surprise" to the game to help keep people motivated or really to just have fun with it. A couple of weeks ago I decided to have a "challenge" event were we had a sugar-free jello pudding contest. The following are some awesome pictures of everyone stuffing their faces... Oh and the catch was that the participant had to be "FED" the pudding by another team mate. It really made for a fun afternoon...





Everything will end this coming Monday... it's been a fun contest and I'm sad to see things end - HOWEVER, it would be nice to be able to have a piece of chocolate again without feeling guilty for letting my team down again...

5 comments:

Steve and Jamie said...

I can't my chocolate-addicted sister made it 10 weeks! I guess I better stock up on the Dove bars for when you come visit. I see some serious relapse in the next few weeks.

Nichole Bruce said...

I'm totally impressed. I really don't think I could handle no sugar. Good job!!!

Pacers said...

TRICIA! I was SOOO excited to hear from you! LOVE YOUR GUTS! All these people who make their blogs private are crazy. The reason I keep mine open is so I can hear from cool people like you!!! I totally blog stalk all the time, I'm surprised I didn't find you sooner. You are so darn cute in all of your pictures, and it looks like you are doing cool stuff. How is the flower business going? Yeah, we are still in Utah - we live in Pleasant Grove, but not for long! Ryan starts in Philly on July 7th. Crazy. I've never been out East much, so it will be a different experience for sure. We would be way excited to have visitors - so if you want to come out let us know. Hope you don't mind but I'm putting your blog on mine! SO good to hear from you!!!!

Marnie said...

Our ward's done a couple of biggest loser contests--but I haven't done it yet. Sounds great to get the motivation up.

Unknown said...

Cute blog! I'm a little obsessed with blogging, so it's fun to look at yours! I just have to say that was a great activity. Although I was just a judge, it was hillarious to see pudding being shoveled right and left!! Good thinking!