Tuesday, August 5, 2008

DAY 2:

We woke up early, showered, and headed out the door by 8:45. The plan was to make it to Reno in time for a sacrament meeting at 1:00. Again, we were on the road and it was less "exciting" but do-able. We stopped once for gas and a bathroom break, but pretty much just drove, drove, drove. We made it to Reno, but missed the first 15 min. of sacrament. After church we headed to a gas station to change our clothes and make some sandwiches with stuff from the cooler we had packed. One of the things we packed to eat were cherries.




I know I am a little barbaric and a bad influence on people in general - so once the sandwiches were gone I taught Paige and Preston how to spit cherry pits as far as they could... we were basically having a contest in the gas station parking lot - People kept looking at us kind of funny... not sure why?

After the contest fun we headed for San Francisco. Along the way we saw a sign for Lake Tahoe and I told them we HAD to stop. I have only been there once for like an hour but it is so beautiful that I couldn't let them miss it! So, we stopped and took a look around on this nice, quiet little beach. It was at this moment that we started the "photo frenzy" which continued throughout the remainder of the trip. I will share a fraction of them...




In this last one you can see that Paige is writing in the sand...

She was writing...





A few days prior to our departure on the worlds greatest road-trip, a friend of used this phrase to describe what he'd be "up to lately"... We decided to "Live The Dream" on out trip after Paige wrote these inspirational words in the sand - So, of course we all took more pictures :)





After these fabulous photo's Paige decided to take her "photo shoot" for the day.




And then we ended our visit with a grown up "picture war" where Paige and Preston tried to take pictures of each other... I guess I didn't care if I got my picture taken because I am the cheese ball that's just standing there smiling...



Anyways, once we were back on the road, we didn't stop until we made it to San Francisco. These last pictures are of us being excited as we crossed over a bridge into the big city... once we were there we started on some MORE exciting adventures... they involved a creepy neighborhood, strange men watching us unload our car at the strangely creepy, getto motel and a water system that sounded like a space ship taking off when you used the shower:) I'll get into more details on Day 3... that's when things really got interesting... Don't worry, the Police seemed to have everything under control... :)


4 comments:

Kama said...

Tricia,
I miss you guys. You are a couple of nuts! I need to pull my nutty self out again and join you somtime. You look like you are having a blast. I can't wait to see you on Tuesday. Maybe we can get a little soccer game going and see how fat and out of shape I am, but it would be fun!
Love your favorite cuz!

Haley said...

I'm jealous! Looks like you guys had such a blast. I would be more than happy to do a testimonial for you. I was so happy with the flowers for my wedding, I'm just not sure what to say in a testimonial. (How do you spell one of those squeals we used to do? j/k)

Pacers said...

I've been anxiously waiting the rest of the story.... and I wanted to hear the exciting news about your new business!!!

Ashley said...

Nice pictures! I'm glad you were able to take a vacation from school and travel freely! :) I hope you're home now, cause I want to come visit you next week!!