Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Livin' the Dream" in 2008!

OK! So I love my job because it allows me to have 2 months where I get to do WHATEVER I WANT - Okay, well ALMOST whatever I want. Anyways, this year Paige and I decided that we should go on a road trip to see the west coast. The idea was to start in Southern California and go up to Washington and perhaps even Canada - but then Gas Prices kept going up... sad!

So, with gas the price it was, and with Paige's best buddy moving from So. California to Idaho - we decided to start in San Francisco because Paige had never been there. From there we'd visit the Red Wood Forest and then go to Portland and back home! The more we planned, the more excited I got! As we were telling our good friend about this we realized that he would be in San Fran. the same time we would & with a little persuasion, we convinced him to come with us for the WHOLE trip (yeah, we are pretty good at the guilt trip - comes in handy in our profession!) Now you know what happened, I'll explain the juicy details with as many pictures as I think I can put on this baby!

DAY 1:
We didn't end up leaving Salt Lake until like 5:20 on Saturday afternoon. We started to go two times, but I kept forgetting things! Luckily we were only going to Elko, NV the first night or we'd have been in big trouble. Once Paige and I finally left the house, we picked up Preston (aka P-diddy... yeah we aren't too original in giving people nick-names...) This is us loading him up!

Once we got Preston loaded we went to grab some gas for the car. I started looking through my purse for my debit card but couldn't find it... I realized that I had put it in my pocket earlier that morning when we went to the movies, and thought "it must be in my pants!" So we headed back home and while in route I found it. So after an hour of "leaving" we were finally on the way! The drive was uneventful and we got to Elko just in time for a great dinner provided by my wonderful friend Anne and her husband Colby! They were so kind and even made us some home-made ice cream, which was fantastic! (Preston really liked it since it was his first home-made ice cream ever!) We all chatted for a bit and then hit the sack. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures while we were at their house! I was really mad when I realized that... Don't worry we made up for it later in the trip.

1 comment:

The Rocking Radmalls said...

I am jealous of your road trip. We only fly, these days, and I miss those great trips on the road, with the great music and the laid back tempo. Love it. I look forward to hearing about days 3 thru 9, and the backpacking. Again, did I mention how jealous I was? Good luck starting back into teacherhood. :)