Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 3:

Okay, sorry for the delay... Day 3: We woke up the next day and decided to check out after we took showers and felt like the place would fall down if you turned on the water again. So I went to check out and my friend came with me, while Paige decided to start packing up the car. I was waiting in line and the guy in front of me was arguing with the manager of the hotel about how he was being charge $150.00 over what he had originally agreed to pay for the room. While standing in line, Paige came in and told us that they were arresting some people who had stayed the night before... one of which was a guy who had been "eyeing us" the night before! CREEPY! After 10 min. the manager was starting to fold, and then without any hesitation checked me out (which i was not sure he would do since I had reserved a room for the whole weekend). So, I went upstairs, got my stuff & we were OUT OF THERE!!! It was quite the experience!

After all of that, Paige, Preston & I met up with Preston's friend Sonya. She grew up in San Francisco and was kind enough to take us EVERYWHERE you would ever want to go in San Francisco! I was so tired by the end of the day that I could barely keep my eyes open - but it was really AWESOME to have our own personal tour guide!

Here we are on the top of a hill by Sonya's Parent's House:



Then we went to see one of San Fran's many stair cases:


And then we are at the beach...


Golden Gate Park: (they had some gardens there that were BEAUTIFUL!)




And along the way we got gas and used the bathroom...


And we went to another famous hill to get a view of the city:



We also stopped to see a building (I can't remember what it's called) that's by the observatory. There were some plants there and Preston said that they LOOKED like you could sit on them. SO, we decided to take some pictures of us "sitting" on them. Pretty convincing huh?: (maybe not...)



We visited the famous Gold Gate Bridge! And actually I enjoyed the flowers that were planted near the observation area just as much as I did the bridge! (It's the florist in me:) )




And we also drove down Lombard Street (the curviest road in the world):


Then we ended the day down near Fisherman's Warf... We had a lot of goofy pictures down here. The Lobster Picture was taken without me knowing what was even on my head! Preston snuck up behind me, put it on my head and then started taking pictures... man I was good looking! The others are of Paige and I practicing our statue poses...




At the end of the day we found headed to this really NICE!!! Hotel that we paid 40% of the original price to stay at. It was MUCH better than the previous night and made for a Great night's sleep! So that wraps up Day 3!

1 comment:

Caleb and Shae said...

Looks like a fun trip! I need a road trip really bad!