Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gratitude in a nutshell...

(Kerri, Brett & Me... we are cool)

So, this week was very busy! I had parent teacher conferences, had my last day with my student teacher, and therefore had little sleep, and little room in my brain to remember to write down the things I was grateful for... SO, I'm posting a "master" list that covers the week of gratitude and what little service I found time to do.

Grateful for...
1. I'm grateful for people who really are doing everything they can to fulfill their responsibilities. With parent teacher conferences, I tend to have parents who keep saying that they will do this, or that to help their child, but fail to follow through. Though I realize that people aren't perfect, I appreciate people who actually DO follow through - even when it's not completely consistent. It sure makes my life so much easier!
2. Fresh starts. New trimester, new beginning, with a blank and perfect slate. It's nice to have that once in a while.
3. Help. 'nuff said.
4. People with a happy and positive attitude. I've lacked that recently. I'm grateful when people tend to look on the bright side of life, so that I can be reminded to do the same.
5. People who LISTEN. Not just tell me what to do to make it better, but who really listen to what I'm saying - cause sometimes it's important to hear what I'm NOT saying as much as it is to listen to the words coming out of my mouth.
6. Reminders that I can do better... cause I can.
7. Good Friends. Particularly friends who take me snowshoeing with them, and bring me treats, and help me when I fall on my face and who are patient when i'm 20 min late and have forgotten my snowshoes. :) Those friends are pretty great.
8. Finding money I forgot I had.
9. Opportunities to serve.
10. To live in place that is safe, and blessed to be fairly free of problems that tend to plague the rest of the world.
11. Warm and sunny weather.
12. People who are NICE. People who are NOT nice, make me grumpy and that makes me feel bad, which basically ruins my whole day/weekend!
13. Being prepared... or at least trying to be.
14. Taking the time to go OUT and do something fun. I need time away from "life".
15. The Atonement.

Service...
1. Helped create a "get well" package for a friend in need.
2. Cleaned most of the house!
3. Created an opportunity for friends to get out of the house and try something new for this coming weekend.
4. Tried to comfort a friend who has been having a hard time.
5. Wrote a thank you note.
6. Took flowers to my sister at work - so she could give flowers to someone else.
7. Went to the temple.

Sometimes life knocks ya down and you just have to laugh about it and get back up... :)

1 comment:

K-Cos said...

You are one of my favorite people on earth! Thanks for this post! You inspire me to be more aware of all the blessings that I have in my life (which you are a big one), both the ones that are very apparent and those that are more difficult to see. I love you!