Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm way to old for this...


(Us pretending we are young and can stay up until way late, watching television... we got kinda tired!)
Saturday March 5, 2011

1. Today I woke up feeling VERY sick. I took some medication, but in the past few times I've felt like this, no matter what med's I took (and I took more pain pills that it says to take on the bottle...) the pain wouldn't go away. I had lots to do today, so I thought about saying a little prayer. I've been listening to President Monson's biography, and on Friday night had heard a story about Pres. Monson telling someone to pray for a clear sky, and in faith, the brother did so - and it WAS so. So, I decided to pray in faith that I'd feel better, and with Faith I felt better within the hour. I love when my Faith is strong enough, and the will of the Lord matches my will...
2. So, after my soccer game, I went to Costco. I took Preston with me (cause he likes the free samples) and when we went back to my car, I had a flat tire. It was basically the straw that was about to break this camel's back! Preston, being the great friend that he is, made a quick call to a family friend who works for Goodyear on Redwood and 45th south. He told us to bring it over, and they'd take care of it. When we got there, I was just hoping for a discount on getting it fixed - but after taking care of the flat, they said, you're free to go. They fixed it for FREE! What a blessing!
3. The atonement. My roommate Olivia and I have talked in depth about what the atonement means in our lives, and in the lives of others. I think sometimes people think that taking our sins, and shortcomings to the Lord, means that He'll disown us, and make us "pay for our mistakes" in a way that is horrible. I, from personal experience, know that when we come to the Lord, and are truly ready to turn ourselves, and our mistakes over to him, He will love us, and HELP us through the rough process of repentance. Am I saying that sin is pain free. NO! But am I saying that it's WORTH repenting? YES! And is the Love of the Lord more powerful than the pain we'll go through - YES! What an amazing gift we've been given... I wish the world could understand THAT!
4. Other people's happiness... I love to see other people HAPPY.
5. Every Saturday, I TRY to get all of the "essentials" done, that I don't seem to have time for during the week. Like vacuuming, grocery shopping, laundry, etc. Today, I got most of it done. YEA!
6. Tonight a few of us got together to go to dinner, and watch some television. We ended up staying up WAY to late (like I did when I was young and in college), but we had a good time. I'm grateful for good friends who are willing to pretend that we can still act like we're 19. :)

Service:
1. I helped make our home a place of cleanliness!
2. I helped Olivia bring in her groceries, and put them away.
3. Invited a friend to participate in the evening's festivities.

No comments: