Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Women's Conference



So, I am attempting to post a picture, but think I may have messed that up already! Anyways, this past weekend, I went to the Relief Society General Meeting at the conference center with my sister Paige, my Mom and my Grandma Ellison. We ate dinner and rushed over in hopes that my parking pass would get us into the church office building parking. On the way there, someone who was parked right on the side of the road pulled out in front of us and we literally parked across the street from the door we were supposed to go in. It was sweet! So, we went in and I throughly enjoyed the conference! The past 2-3 weeks have been rather stressful and I have been fairly overwhelmed with everything that I am expected to do each day, and it was just awesome to be able to sit there and listen to what the Lord wanted me to do to become better! I especially enjoyed President Monson's talk on focusing on scriptures, prayer and service. Sometimes I think that I forget these simple things and then my life becomes much harder than it needs to be because the Lord can't give me those basic blessings unless I am obedient to those basic commandments... Anyways, I left feeling fed and well directed! I love being a woman!

2 comments:

Steve and Jamie said...

Aaahhh. You guys are so cute. The picture of you turned out great. I miss you. Maybe you can cut and paste me into the picture. I loved the women's conference too.

dantheman said...

That is such a great picture!