Monday, October 15, 2007

Another Great Conference Weekend!



So two weeks ago was conference, and I really enjoyed it. I really felt like some of the talks were just for me, though I am sure that I wasn't the only one who felt that way. On Sunday morning Paige and I went down town and sang on the sidewalks, so we could get tickets to the morning session. The church has started asking singles wards to come sing on the temple square sidewalks to help bring the spirit and help people be able to avoid listening to the obnoxious protesters. While we were there, I started wondering why someone would take time away from their lives to protest as people attend a church meeting... they must have some pretty boring lives if they find it enjoyable to come yell at a bunch of Mormons as they go to church. Glad that's not my life. On Sunday afternoon Paige and I went home to watch the afternoon session... as usual we all piled onto the bed and poked each other to make sure the other person wasn't sleeping. (Jamie, this photo is for you!... Bring back memories?) It was nice to be able to enjoy at least one session together!

2 comments:

Kris said...

During testimony meeting a sister in our ward commented about the protesters and the horrible spirit she felt when she walked past them. Then she heard the sweet music being sung by the "street singers" and she felt the spirit return. She talked about how grateful she was to hear and feel the spirit when the world was shouting so loudly! Well done dear daugther!

Steve and Jamie said...

Aaarrrgh! I can't see the picture. Only 4 more days and then we can cuddle on the couch again though.