Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 6... The RED WOODS!!!

Waking up in the Red Wood National Forest was a CHILLY experience. It was still pretty cool by the time we got out of the tent around 8:00. It didn't really warm up until about 11:00 unless you were in the sun - which wasn't too much, since it was cloudy most of the day. We got up, made breakfast, and finished setting up "camp". We were staying in a campsite in one of the State Parks and luckily for us there was running water and a bathroom with pluming not even 100 yards away. (not TRUE camping, but not too bad considering we were on a road trip.) We headed to the ranger office, and got a map and directions to some of the hiking trails around the area and were off for some sight seeing in the Great Outdoors! Here's what we saw! (EVERYONE SHOULD REALLY GO THIS PLACE! IT's AWESOME!)

Hike #1: okay, so the only "hike" we really went on... Boy did we enjoy ourselves!












The Coast: Five min away from camp was this coastal scene. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! Paige found lots of beautiful rocks which she collected for her class... they were evidence of weathering! 30 rocks! I mean really - what a dedicated teacher! Then at the end, we drove over to a fern grove, which they used in filming Jurassic Park! It was also AMAZING! This place is really Cool!!! So peaceful! I would go here to meditate daily if possible!





4 comments:

The Rocking Radmalls said...

I have yet to explore N. California. Oregon's coast is amazing, so, I'm sure I missed out! Lucky girls!!!

Heather said...

I hope you don't care that Preston told us your blog.. :) I have a random question for you- Do you do flower arrangements for funerals? If so, what do you charge? My grandfather passed away yesterday and we're shopping for flower arrangements. Thanks!! Hope all is well! -Heather Dopp

Haley said...

All your pics are soo fun! You guys look like you had a blast! I promise I haven't forgotten about my "tesimonial" for you, I just am not sure what to say. I need to ask you some ?'s about when you taught piano lessons. What books/method did you use? I'm trying to get started teaching.

Tiffany said...

I am caught up I believe! Wow what a fun life lately eh? We don't live far from the Red Woods-we haven't made it there yet with all of our summer stuff this year-I wish I would have known you were coming this way we would have made you stop here for a meal and gone to Crater Lake with you-did you go to Crater Lake? If not shame! You need to finish the rest of your trip blog-I'm curious to know where else you went! Sounds like a perfect trip!