Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Time for a little Back Packing

After I got back from the best 9 day road trip ever! – (it really was the best – so relaxing and FUN!!!), I unpacked, hung out for 3 days and then packed again for another mini vacation – this time I had to pack all my goods with me. I headed up to the Uintah’s with my Dad, my brother Spencer and his friend Melissa. We hiked up one afternoon, set up camp and made some dinner. It was amazing to me how many mosquito’s there were! I thought I was going to get eaten alive! But we started a fire quick and things weren’t too bad with the smoke to protect us! However, despite the amount of bugs, it was BEAUTIFUL!!!, don't you think!





The next morning we did a little fishing, and reading – I mostly read & yes, I packed up 2 books with me, so I could read. I was less interested in the fishing and LOVED the book I was able to read! It’s called The Last Lecture. It was a great quick read and I felt inspired by what it had to say. I took a nap, meandered around and just mostly relaxed for the day. That afternoon we fished again and I caught a few – which was actually pretty fun, although I am still not interested in touching them. I asked my dad to take them off the line for me, cause I am a girly, girl. Anyway I had a good time!





3 comments:

Tiffany said...

So fun! Nice catch too!

Caleb and Shae said...

I love a good book! They always are so wonderful! You were just a traveling woman there for a while. Looks like you had a blast!

Steve and Jamie said...

I'm so jealous . . . of course I'm so out of shape I probably would have died.